Thursday, July 3, 2014

Doing the Happy Dance!



Copyright: nazlisart / 123RF Stock Photo


I got two great pieces of news today, and I just had to share!

First, I received an email from Laura Antoniou, informing me that she had accepted my short story "The Late Show" for Best Lesbian Erotica 2015. I don't submit to many short story anthologies these days. To be honest, I'd rather write for royalties than for the one-time payment that most collections offer. However, an anthology edited by Laura Antoniou is another matter altogether.

In case you don't know who she is - Laura is the author of the classic BDSM series The Marketplace. First published in the nineties, her work has had a huge influence. She's a giant in the (admittedly small) erotica community.(If you want to know why, read my review on Goodreads.)

Anyway, I'm tremendously honored to have my story chosen for this collection, although I have to admit I'm a bit surprised. "The Late Show" is basically vanilla and unabashedly sentimental. Diane's a small town girl who has never really gotten over her infatuation with the rebel Haley. Haley left town the night Diane announced her engagement to the captain of the high school football team. Now, ten years later, she's back, with the same magnetic allure and the same fuck-the-world attitude. I really thought this romantic tale about second chances would be too sweet and too tame for Laura, the reigning queen of D/s. But in her acceptance letter she called it "poignant", so I guess the emotion got through.

Meanwhile, my publisher Books We Love alerted me to a new five star review for The Eyes of Bast: http://drueandsassysreviews.blogspot.com/2014/06/review-eyes-of-bast-by-lisabet-sabai.html

Barb wrote: "I can not wait to read more from this particular author!! If all her books are like this, my water bill will be a little higher from taking so many cold showers! "

God, I love it when I get that kind of reaction!

Anyway, I'm dancing on the ceiling today. You're more than welcome to join me!


4 comments:

Sacchi Green said...

Great news about BLE! I'm happy=dancing about being in 2015, too. I've been in it seven times previously, but not since 09, so this is a real thrill. Too bad we live too far apart for meeting at readings to be likely.

Author H K Carlton said...

Congratulations, Lisabet! :D Great news!

Lisabet Sarai said...

Congratulations, Sacchi!

This is only my second time. I don't often submit to BLE or other "BEST" collections, because I find my stuff doesn't really fit what they're looking for.

Lisabet Sarai said...

Thanks so much, Heather!

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts! (And if you're having trouble commenting, try enabling third-party cookies in your browser...)