Thursday, March 15, 2012

Lisabet's March Newsletter

Lion and Lamb

I can't believe it's March already! February simply slipped by without my realizing it. To compensate, I've got some great free reads and two contests.

New and Upcoming Releases

I'm afraid I have no releases this month. But I'm working hard on new material!

My short story collection Just a Spanking is doing really well - fuelled partly by the free promo days that have been arranged by the publisher, Books We Love. If you haven't got your copy yet, the book will be free again on April 5th and 6th. Just how kinky can things get? Click here to find out!

I've submitted a BDSM romance story called "Limits: A Love Story" to Kristina Wright, for her Best Erotic Romance 2013 collection. Obviously I won't know for a while whether that's been accepted. Right now I'm working on a tale targeted at D.L. King's femdom anthology Under Her Thumb. And I've got a couple of other projects simmering on the back burner, including a M/F BDSM novella entitled Mastering Maya and a steampunk/Bollywood/BDSM/shapeshifter/ménage tale. (I've challenged myself to pack as many genres as possible into one book!)

Other News

We gave away dozens of prizes during "Share the Love" month at Beyond Romance. The grand prize winner was one of my long time readers, Juliana. She received a $50 gift certificate to All Romance EBooks. Meanwhile, I hope we managed to encourage readers to check out the fantastic charity reading available from Coming Together

Blisse
             Kiss
             with Heart

Speaking of charity, my good friend Victoria Blisse has a special event coming up the week of 25 to 31 March. During the Blisse Kiss With Heart festival, a slew of fabulous authors (including yours truly, of course) will be sharing kiss excerpts on their blogs and giving away fantastic prizes. All kiss excerpts have to be from a story that supports some worthy cause. I will be giving away two print books to my winners. If you want to be reminded about this and other contests - join my Yahoo group, Lisabet's List!

In my free reading section this month, I've got more sexy and romantic BDSM with my story Twister. Dangerous weather has never been so much fun. I've also added a poem, entitled 11:15 and Here's Your Poem about a threesome that didn't quite happen.

If you're looking for a sexy, satisfying story for Saint Patrick's Day, by the way, go read Luck of the Irish, in which an alluring leprechaun turns an unemployed man's life upside down.

My column at Erotica Readers & Writers Association is entitle HTML 101: Web Basics for Authors. If you've ever wondered how the Web works, check it out!

Contests!

Thanks to all of you who entered my "Prices" contest in January. Sorry it took me so long to draw a winner. The blog fest really kept me busy. Anyway, I randomly drew Melissa's name. She gets to choose between Wild About That Thing and Hot Spell. Congratulations, Melissa!

I'm running two contests this month, to make up for the fact that my newsletter skipped February. The first is super easy. I want to know if you are aware of the controversy triggered by PayPal's attempts to censor ebooks sold by Smashwords, All Romance Ebooks and other independent booksellers. All you have to do is send an email to contest [at] lisabetsarai.com with the subject line "PayPal Contest". In your email, tell me whether or not you've heard about this problem, and if you have, where you found out. I'd be interested in knowing your opinions about the issue, too. In the middle of next month I'll randomly choose one response. The winner will receive a $10 All Romance Ebooks gift certificate.

The second contest is a bit more work, but not much. I want you to visit my Amazon Author Page here. Scroll through the books listed and "Like" at least three of the single author titles. Then send me an email at the usual address (see above) with the subject line "Amazon Contest". In the message, tell me which three you selected and why. (I'm trusting you to be honest.) In mid April I'll randomly select one entry, and that person will receive a choice of any of the three "liked" books.

And - if you write a review of any of my books at Amazon during March, you'll automatically be eligible to receive a free print book from my back list. All you have to do is email me the link the review.

So - I hope you'll forgive me for neglecting you last month!

Lisabet's Pick of the Month

My Pick of the Month for March is K.D. Grace's blog. I love her writing, and I love the guests she arranges to tell the "story behind their stories". Check her out!

2 comments:

Garceus said...

You are a seriously busy writer as well as prolific. Everytime I visit your blog I'm amazed. I downloaded Twister and Luck and I'm going to keep digging around this wonderful place. Hang in there!

garce

Garceus said...

I'm a little confused though. I went to Amazon - was dazzled and envious again by how many books you're written - but I didn't find anything that matched "single author" and a button to "like", though I've liked your stuff for a long time. How does it work? What book what button?

Garce

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts! (And if you're having trouble commenting, try enabling third-party cookies in your browser...)